Reading Recommendations

November 9th, 2017 | Posted by Mrs Brown in Pupil Posts | Year 5 Archive

Sometimes it is tricky to find a new book that you’ll enjoy so I’d like you to add the titles and authors of any books you have read that you think others in the class may enjoy.
If you like mystery books Lillia recommends; A Place Called Perfect by Helena Duggan

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can leave a response, or trackback.

• Joshua says:

I recommend war horse from Michael Morpurgo it is a very interesting story about a horse called Joey.

• Jenna says:

I recommend Demon Dentist by David Walliams it is about a Demon Dentist and a young boy who goes to that evil dentist place and gets all his teeth pulled out so he could not talk anymore and then he tried to escape but the dentist catches him then straps him into the seat so he can not get out and escape anymore.

• Jenna says:

I also recommend Mr stink by David walliams once again it is about a man and a dog who is homeless and stinks really bad as well. Then at one point a lovely girl called Chloe comes in and helps the man. Chloe has horrible parents and a horrible brother as well.

• Imogen says:

I recommend any harry potter book if your looking for a magic and spiritual book

• Connie says:

I recommend The Butterfly Lion,Its also wrote by Michael Morpurgo.

• Chloe says:

If you are interested in mystery books go for shadow by Michael Morpurgo .It is a great book and is very interesting and is a great book for years 5 and 6 to read.

• Ammarah says:

I would recommend the Harry Potter collection I am on Goblet Of Fire its really intresting

• Mrs Brown says:

Now we have finished reading Cosmic would you read any more books by Frank Cottrell Boyce or have you already read any that you could recommend?

• Daniel S says:

Yes Mrs Brown I am reading Bad DAD at the moment and it is very interesting about a dad who is a banger racing car driver who is the best in the world and one unfortunate night he crashes his car which by the way is a mini called Queenie, and the car starts acting funny. Half way through the race dad crashes the car and his leg falls of so he has to have a wooden leg. Frank the main character and his dad-Gilbert,get every thing taken of them because Gilbert lost his job and couldn’t afford to pay his bills. one other night Franks Auntie (Flip) who is actually Gilbert’s Auntie, comes to baby sit Frank while Gilbert goes out to do a job and Flip only reads HER own poetry so Frank went to bed. While Frank is in bed he makes a Dummy of himself and puts it in his bed so he can go and see what his dad is up to. While Frank is out looking for his dad he comes across a pub and sees his dad in a Rolls Royce. Frank climbs on top of the car and listens to what the other people in the car are talking about,but the Rolls Royce’s engine revs up and Frank tries to jump off the car but it reverses out of the car park and speeds of through the night at 100 miles per hour! When the car comes back Frank fly’s of the roof of the car and lands in a bush then his dad sees him. The next day Gilbert and Frank talk about what had happened the previous night and agree for it not to happen again.

• Noah says:

I recommend rat burger its a fun packed book about a young girl who has a horrible step mum she also has a baby rat

• Noah says:

I recommend grampas great escape it is about a old man, grampa, he has a grand son called Jack I am not going to give anything else away but I do recommend it.

• Jake says:

I would highly recommend the goosebumps series because the books are filled with twists and turns as you read on paired with a fantastic movie R.L Stine will have you hooked.

• Noah says:

Dan and amarah what harry Potter book would you reccomend

• Daniel S says:

Noah I would recommend Harry Potter and the prisoner of azkaban,it’s really interesting and fun to read. When did you start liking Harry Potter?

Has anyone read “what not to do when you turn invisible?” I think it’s really fascinating and I am really enjoying it because I am reading it at the moment. Also another really good book is “the worlds worst children 3” by David walliams, I thought it was really funny.

• Noah says:

As a class read for our class

• Connie says:

I would recommend Wonder, it is by R.J.Palacio,
    the book has some sad aspects,but some happy it is a really good book the book has a bonus Julian chapter about (one of the characters).

• Daniel S says:

This year in year six my favourite book so far is Holes by Louis Sachar. It is really good! The main character, Stanley Yelnats lives in Texas with his family and all of the men in Stanley’s family up until his “No good, dirty, rotten, pig stealing, great,great grandfather” are believed to be cursed with bad luck but that’s just a tale….. right? One unlucky day, Stanley just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Suddenly a pair of valuable trainers just randomly fall from the sky and land on top of Stanley’s head, then to add on top of his unlucky life the “cops” happen to be in the same area that Stanley is in. The “cops” arrest Stanley on suspicion that he stole the trainers and they take him to Camp Green Lake, a lake that dried up over one hundred and fifty years ago. There at the Camp they dig up holes to make them think about the crimes that the people at Camp Green Lake have committed or what they have done to make them go to Green Lake. Are they digging because they need to think or are they looking for something else?

A fun book full of team work, co-operation and quick thinking skills. I would really recommend this book from years three to six. I hope that if anyone reads this book that they enjoy it too.

Another good book that I would recommend is The Christmasaurus by Tom Fletcher. It is about a dinosaur egg that was found in the ice by Santa’s Elves from when the dinosaurs went extinct. It is a really good book for Christmas lovers ( like me!) and should be read by all ages who can read. On the back of the book and on the internet it should be rated FIVE stars!
    I LOVE READING!

• Neve says:

Just one book to recommend is to hard for me to do. There are so many to choose from, but for now I will say a few. One of my topmost favourites is Harry Potter, earlier on in the books the friendly aspect of it is key. Though, later on, it becomes more dark, but this does not stop it from being amazing. Here is the blurb from the first book: Harry Potter has never even heard of Hogwarts when the letters start dropping on the doormat at number four, Privet Drive. Addressed in green ink on yellowish parchment with a purple seal, they are swiftly confiscated by his grisly aunt and uncle. Then, on Harry’s eleventh birthday, a great beetle eyed giant of a man called Rubeus Hagrid burst in with some astonishing news: Harry Potter is a wizard, and he has a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. An incredible adventure if about to begin!