Autumn One – What is so special about the USA?
Welcome to Year Five.
This term we will be learning all about the United States of America.
There are lots of areas that you can research and explore.
Here are some starting points for discussion on our blog:
- Why is America split into 50 smaller states?
- What is the US constitution?
- What is the highest mountain in the USA? What is the longest river in USA?
- Why is the USA such a powerful country?
- What do you know about the President of the United States? How is his role different to a UK Prime Minister?
Here is a video of former President Barack Obama accepting his new role in 2009. Why was this such a special moment in American history?
Challenge! Test your US states knowledge in this map game: Play now