Autumn 1 – Yabba Dabba Do!
It is true what they say: The Stone Age rocks, and year three are going to prove it.
Over the course of this half term we will be learning:
- How to put dates into chronological order. Did you know that the early Stone Age era dates back to 500,000BC? That’s even older than Mr Green!
- What early hunter gatherers did, what they wore, what they ate and what they used for tools.
- Talking of tools (spoilers!), we will be investigating the best rocks to use as tools. We will look at the three types of rock – sedimentary, metamorphic and igneous. We will learn the difference between them and look at how they are formed. (Top tip: you do not want to miss this lesson… it will be delicious!)
Finally, see if you can find the fib. One of these three sentences is a lie (naughty Mr Green!) Can you spot it?
- BC dates are all of the dates before the year zero.
- The dinosaurs were still alive during the time of the cave men.
- Archaeologists have uncovered fantastic cave paintings from the time of the Stone Age.
So which one is the lie? Comment below, and have a go at writing your own “find the fib!”