Summer 1 – Are You Faster Than The Flash?
Hooray! It is finally the summer term and (weather permitting, of course) we will be doing a lot more fun outdoor learning. Our project for the next five weeks is called “Are you faster than the Flash?” and is a science (animals including humans) and PE focused topic.
As well as answering the questions you have stuck in your research logs, I would like you all to have a go at blogging this half term. I will award ten house points to the blogger that has impressed me the most (remember – I am interested in the quality of your blog posts, not how often!)
Some questions to get you started:
- Where are the most important bones and organs in the human body, what are they called, and why are they important?
- What major groups of animals can you think of?
- Why is good nutrition important and what does “balanced diet” mean?
- What is the fastest land animal?
- What is the fastest sea animal?
- Who has the World Record for sprinting 100 metres for men and for women?
- How can you improve your performance in sport?
PS: Our project is named after the superhero “The Flash” who is nicknamed “The Fastest Man Alive”. Why not have a go at designing your own super fast superhero in your spare time!