Our story focus over the next few weeks will be The 3 Billy Goats gruff. As part of this focus we will be taking part in the following activities:
- Science experiment: What is the best condition to grow nice fresh grass in that the Billy Goats would love to eat?
- Large Art attack: With a partner create a troll using a selection of different art material.
- Role Play: Using our new story role play area act out the story of the 3 Billy Goats Gruff.
- Write a sentence about one or more of the characters.
- Learn to direct the Bee Bots by creating instructions for a partner.
- Bridge Challenge: Create a large bridge with the creates outside and challenge a friend to balance as many animals on the bridge as possible. Which bridge holds the most animals?
In maths our focus is money. Recognising the different coins and ordering the different values. can they create different amounts up to 20p by adding coins together?
In phonics over the next two weeks our new sounds are ‘oa’, ch, sh, th, oo, ng, or, qu. Don’t forget these can be practised on phonics play, phase three.