We are continuing our learning around the story The 3 Billy Goats Gruff. Last week we had lots of lovely role play and story language from the children. Some of the activities and learning we will be focusing on this week are:
- Philosophy: Discussing if it was ok for the troll to be mean to the goats and the big billy goat gruff to be mean to the troll? What could they have both done differently?
- We are going to create wanted posters of the troll as the mummy goat is cross with him and would like a word about his behaviour!
- Kagan activity: Talking chips: Who can get the most ‘chips’ (counters) through describing the characters in detail.
- Singing: We are learning a song about our story called ‘over the bridge’.
- Bridge challenge: using the small wooden bricks and large lolly sticks the children will be challenged to create the biggest and strongest bridge.
- Art: The goats wanted to eat the lush green grass on the other side of the bridge. The children will learn how to make the colour green by mixing yellow and blue. They will also explore how to change the shade of the colour by adding white or black.
- Literacy: The children will make their own book about the story by ordering the pictures and recording repetitive sentences about each picture.
- In maths will are learning about money and will use our coins to buy items from the shop focusing on adding items together by counting on.
- In ICT the children will use the 2simple / 2paint program to design their own troll.
The children have a busy week of activities. See if they can retell you the story at home using the correct story language.