Welcome back. We hope you all had a lovely break and are ready for your last term in Reception.
The focus for this week is Noah’s Ark and ‘A check up at the vets.
Our new role play area is a vets so the children will be learning about the different roles within a vets. This will provide lots of opportunity to develop their language skills. If possible you could visit a local vets to gain some first hand experience, which they could transfer into their play.
Some of the activities we will be focusing on over the coming week are;
- After reading the Noah’s Ark story the children will create a class promise on how they will look after their friends, family, school and world.
- They children will create an animal alphabet using as many animals from the Noah’s Ark story as possible. Through this we will look at how each animal name has a capital letter and how capital letters differ from lower case letters.
- Animal categories: Using the animals from the story and more the children will group the animals into categories (wild, pets, mini-beast, aquatic etc)
- Children will explore the difference between animals and their young and sort and match these.
- The children will create rainbow wind blowers linked to the rainbow God sent after the flood.
- The children will create rain sticks, exploring how the sounds can be changed depending on the quantity / type of rice / beans / lentils used.
Lots more activities will be happening over the week so please encourage your child to share with you what they are learning in school.