The School Curriculum
Every single child at The Oaks is given the opportunity to achieve their absolute best. We have designed a curriculum that is unique to our school and which we believe inspires children and fosters a love of learning. As well as providing children with opportunities to apply basic, English and Maths skills in context, there is a strong focus on
Our curriculum also enables children to shape their own learning and pursue personal interests and talents. It encourages them to be independent and develop leadership skills in a range of contexts. It also places them in situations where they can work with all ages and abilities across the school. Some topics even allow the exploration of business and enterprise. All children have the chance to work outdoors during the course of the year.
Our mission statement is “Bringing learning to life” which has three aspects:
- Engaging children in the lifelong learning process so that they will have the skills to continue learning long after they have left our school and grow as citizens of the 21st century.
- Enriching every aspect of our teaching so that all aspects of the school day are fun, exciting and challenging and children want to engage with learning at every opportunity
- Ensuring that learning experiences are relevant to children’s lives by engaging with our local community as much as possible
Our curriculum is
- Ensure every learner succeeds – set high expectations.
- Build on what learners already know – structure and pace teaching so that learners understand what is to be learnt, how and why.
Makelearning real and vivid.
- Make learning an enjoyable and challenging experience – stimulate learning through matching strategies to learning styles and needs.
- Develop learning skills and personal qualities across the curriculum, inside and outside the classroom.
- Encourage independent learning and learning from peers through talking about their learning.
- Empower children to be self-evaluative and engage them actively in the target setting process.
Curriculum by Subject
|English Curriculum Overview||128.3 KB||Mathematics Curriculum & Policy||638.7 KB||Maths Calculations Policy - Sept 2018||2.1 MB||Maths Curriculum Overview 2018||282.1 KB|