Children are admitted to the Reception Class from September of the school year in which they will have their fifth birthday.
Applications can now be made for Reception 2021, on-line only at www.bolton.gov.uk/admissions. The information booklet for this admission round can also be found on the same page along with notes of guidance on the process. There is further information regarding 2021 Admissions on this page www.theoaksbolton.co.uk/admissions-2021/
The closing date for applications is 15th January 2021
National Offer Day is 16th April 2021, offers will be emailed from 7.00 am on this date
- Have a statement of Special Educational Need
- Are in the care of the Local Authority
- Have an older brother or sister attending the school at the time of the child’s admission
- Suffer from an illness or have a disability, which makes it better for them to attend this school rather than another. This must be notified at the time of application. (An examination by the School Medical Officer may be necessary.)
- Face a difficult or unreasonable journey to another school. Those children with the easier or shorter journey to an alternative school will have a lower priority for this school.
During the term before the children are due to start at The Oaks families are invited into school to discuss procedures and admission arrangements.
In year admissions are also coordinated by the local authority details of how to apply can be found at www.bolton.gov.uk/website/pages/Primaryschoolplaces